[comp.sys.sgi] How do I set printer page length?

HCART@VAX.OXFORD.AC.UK (03/23/90)

    I am sorry to ask what must be a simple question, but nowhere
in my manuals can I find how to set the page length for the
printer on my 3130.  Could someone please tell me what I should add
to the printer interface to specify the number of lines per page?

    Thanks.

    Hugh Cartwright  HCART@vax.oxford.ac.uk

root@sgzh.uucp (Bruno Pape) (03/26/90)

In article <9003221205.aa09693@VMB.BRL.MIL> HCART@VAX.OXFORD.AC.UK writes:

>    I am sorry to ask what must be a simple question, but nowhere
>in my manuals can I find how to set the page length for the
>printer on my 3130.  Could someone please tell me what I should add
>to the printer interface to specify the number of lines per page?

The more "correct" way to do file formatting would be to use "pr"
and pipe the output to "lp".  It hopefully has all the options you
want.

Bruno