[comp.sys.sgi] Writing Low Density Tapes from a Personal Iris

hohmeyer@miro.Berkeley.EDU (Michael E. Hohmeyer) (03/28/90)

	I need to be able to transfer files from a personal
iris to a GT via tape. Unfortunately the personal iris writes
high density that the GT cannot read. A friend tells me that there
is a way to write low density tapes. Does anyone know how to
do this?
	Thanks,
		Mike.

izen@amelia.nas.nasa.gov (Prof. Steven H. Izen) (03/28/90)

In article <23482@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> hohmeyer@miro.Berkeley.EDU (Michael E. Hohmeyer) writes:

>	I need to be able to transfer files from a personal
>iris to a GT via tape. Unfortunately the personal iris writes
>high density that the GT cannot read. A friend tells me that there
>is a way to write low density tapes. Does anyone know how to
>do this?

Yeah, it's easy.  When I bought my personal IRIS, I ordered the 60 meg tape
option instead of the 150meg tape option.  That gave me two 2 way
communications with my 386 unix box.

--
Steve Izen: {sun,uunet}!cwjcc!skybridge!izen386!steve  / Quote corner:
or steve@izen386.math.cwru.edu                        /