[comp.sys.sgi] Saving files under Sun PC-NFS

RIE@psuvm.psu.edu (04/11/90)

After editing a file in my PC/AT whenever I want to save the file
directly on our Personal Iris using Sun PC-NFS i get the message
'Disk Full' and the file is not saved. However if i want to copy
a file from the PC hard disk (as diffent from direct memory)
to the PI using PC-NFS there is no problem.
  Has anybody else faced similar problems? I would appreciate your
suggestions to rectify this problem.
                                     Subhransu Roy
                              E-mail: s3r@ecl.psu.edu

buck@drax.gsfc.nasa.gov (Loren (Buck) Buchanan) (04/12/90)

In article <90101.091541RIE@psuvm.psu.edu> RIE@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>After editing a file in my PC/AT whenever I want to save the file
>directly on our Personal Iris using Sun PC-NFS i get the message
>'Disk Full' and the file is not saved. However if i want to copy
>a file from the PC hard disk (as diffent from direct memory)
>to the PI using PC-NFS there is no problem.

I had this problem with some custom software I was developing.  I
ended up changing the open/writes to fopen/fwrites and things worked.

I was using Microsoft C 5.1.  The thing that really bothers me about
this is that supposedly in C, fopen should use open and fwrite
should use write.  Any comments about Microsoft C should be sent to
the appropriate news group (one of those I don't normally read).

B Cing U

Buck
Loren "Buck" Buchanan | internet: buck@drax.gsfc.nasa.gov | standard disclaimer
CSC, 1100 West St.    | uucp: ...!ames!dftsrv!drax!buck   | "By the horns of a
Laurel, MD 20707      | phonenet: (301) 497-2531 or 9898  | sky demon..."