[comp.sys.sgi] Debuggers & Editors for PIs

aclin@dtoa1.dt.navy.mil (aclin) (05/04/90)

I am interested in finding out if there exists a VAX-like editor for
the PIs. I work with a group of users who swear up and down that there's
no better editor than EDT, even though we've tried to get them to use
VI and JOT. This same group of users would like to find an alternative
debugger than the one that comes standard. Any info, good or bad, would
be greatly appreciated. Please e-mail me at aclin@dtoa1.dt.navy.mil.
Thanks in advance.

Charissa Aclin

ciemo@bananapc.wpd.sgi.com (Dave Ciemiewicz) (05/05/90)

In article <1790@nems.dt.navy.mil>, aclin@dtoa1.dt.navy.mil (aclin) writes:
> I am interested in finding out if there exists a VAX-like editor for
> the PIs. I work with a group of users who swear up and down that there's
> no better editor than EDT, even though we've tried to get them to use
> VI and JOT. This same group of users would like to find an alternative
> debugger than the one that comes standard. Any info, good or bad, would
> be greatly appreciated. Please e-mail me at aclin@dtoa1.dt.navy.mil.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Charissa Aclin

You might try EDT8 from Accelr8 Technology Corp.  I have never used the
product and this is not an endorsement.  I have just seen it advertised
in the IRIS Universe magazine from Silicon Graphics.

There phone number is (303) 863-8088.

						--- Ciemo