[comp.sys.sgi] Arena Source Code Available?

GJACKSON@TACOM-EMH2.ARMY.MIL (05/04/90)

We are very interested in connecting two iris's together for a
real time computer generated imagery system.  The level of information
to be shared is on the same order as that when the demo program "arena"
is run on the network.  Does anyone have source code available
for "arena" that we can have to experiment with.

Thanks in advance ... Gerry

miq@sgi.com (05/08/90)

In article <9005031445.aa07158@VGR.BRL.MIL> GJACKSON@TACOM-EMH2.ARMY.MIL writes:
>We are very interested in connecting two iris's together for a
>real time computer generated imagery system.  The level of information
>to be shared is on the same order as that when the demo program "arena"
>is run on the network.  Does anyone have source code available
>for "arena" that we can have to experiment with.
>
>Thanks in advance ... Gerry

The Customer Support Center refers the curious to Marketing where for a nominal
fee of $100 plus a signed non-disclosure agreement, you can get a tape contain-
ing the source for all the common demos and some neat Public Domain application
programs.  There are four different tapes; 2000/3000 series, 4D/G series, 4D/GT
and GTX Series, and the Personal IRIS series.

Here is a run down of what each tape includes:
2000/3000:
	SGI Demo source
	Princeton Toolkit (ICGLtools)
	ICARE {Interactive Computer Aided RGB Editor}
	Lemming Editor {a PIC image editor, not for small furry rodents}
	Naval Postgraduate School S/W {5 sample applications for simulators}
	Twixt {3D animation constructor}{

4D machines: {all series have same programs, just ported to that platform}
	SGI Demo source
	Princeton Toolkit (ICGLtools)
	Lemming Editor
	Oper {unix job control applications for batch processing}
	Chemistry Software {semi-empirical molecular orbital package}
	NCSA Height-Color Visualzer {bi-variate data viewer}
	Twixt
	TeX {typesetting system}

To order one of these tapes, send a check (include sales tax if you are a
resident of AL, AZ, CA,CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NM, NC, OH,
PA, TX, VA, or WA), a list of all workstations and their serial numbers you
wish to run the software on, your desired package and a return address, name,
and telephone number to:

	Silicon Graphics, Inc.
	User Services
	Mailstop 9L-415
	2011 N. Shoreline Blvd.
	Mountian View, CA 94087-7311

The preceding information was taken from the IRIS software exchange, Number 2
dated December 1989.  This is the only information I have on these particular
items, and I have no idea how current this information is.  None of these
packages will be able to be supported by the Customer Support Center, and most
of the $100 goes towards tapes and shipping costs I am sure.

--
"Mister! Hey mister! You lights are popped up, but they aren't on!"
	"Huh?  Oh gee thanks...<sigh>"