[comp.sys.sgi] GIF's on IRIS -- an upate

krk@cs.purdue.EDU (Kevin Kuehl) (06/11/90)

I would like to thank everyone who sent me GIF viewers and converters.
I now have `togif', `fromgif' converters and another tool `gifview'
that works just like `xgif.'  They all work nicely, although gifview
is my favorite because a gif file is much smaller than an rgb file --
I just don't have the space to store all of my gifs in rgb format
(some we 10 times larger in rgb).

Thanks,
Kevin
krk@cs.purdue.edu
..!{decwrl,ucbvax,gatech}!purdue!krk

corkum@csri.toronto.edu (Brent Thomas Corkum) (06/12/90)

In article <10810@medusa.cs.purdue.edu> krk@cs.purdue.edu (Kevin Kuehl) writes:

>I would like to thank everyone who sent me GIF viewers and converters.
>I now have `togif', `fromgif' converters and another tool `gifview'
>that works just like `xgif.'  They all work nicely, although gifview
>is my favorite because a gif file is much smaller than an rgb file --
>I just don't have the space to store all of my gifs in rgb format
>(some we 10 times larger in rgb).
>
>Thanks,
>Kevin
>krk@cs.purdue.edu
>..!{decwrl,ucbvax,gatech}!purdue!krk

I've been using togiff and fromgif but have never heard of gifview. Can
someone tell me where I can get a hold of this little goodie?

Thanks,
Brent

corkum@csri.toronto.edu