[comp.sys.sgi] SGI "XDR opaque" errors?

scott@harvey.src.honeywell.com (Rich Scott) (07/26/90)

I've recently installed Sun's PC-NFS version 3.01 on a number of PC's
which are connected to a Silicon Graphics Personal Iris masquerading
as a CDC Cyber 910.  Cabling seems fine, everybody can ping one
another.  The PC's can attach, mount drives, and print files to the
Iris ok, but when we attempt to transfer files we receive error
messages on the console.  The error messages mention something about
XDR opaque errors.  The files are also slightly corrupted.

Any ideas?  Is SGI's implementation of NFS not compatible with Sun's
PC-NFS?  Are there any recent updates to SGI's NFS software?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-rich

-------
rich scott  |  open systems architects, minneapolis  |  rich@osa.com

arc@thyme.wpd.sgi.com (Andrew Cherenson) (07/27/90)

In article <82725@srcsip.UUCP> scott@harvey.src.honeywell.com (Rich Scott) writes:
>I've recently installed Sun's PC-NFS version 3.01 on a number of PC's
>which are connected to a Silicon Graphics Personal Iris masquerading
>as a CDC Cyber 910.  Cabling seems fine, everybody can ping one
>another.  The PC's can attach, mount drives, and print files to the
>Iris ok, but when we attempt to transfer files we receive error
>messages on the console.  The error messages mention something about
>XDR opaque errors.  The files are also slightly corrupted.
>
>Any ideas?  Is SGI's implementation of NFS not compatible with Sun's
>PC-NFS?  Are there any recent updates to SGI's NFS software?

I hear it's fixed in IRIX 3.2.3.