[comp.sys.sgi] Smooth curves on an IRIS 4D, Personal IRIS

dabro@cs.nps.navy.mil (George Dabrowski) (08/06/90)

Does anyone have any experience drawing smooth curves on an
IRIS using a package called NURBS? If so, please tell me where
I can get it and what you think of it. I am looking for a better
way of drawing curves than is available in the graphics library
at present.
Thanks Much!

miq@sgi.com (08/07/90)

In article <1172@cs.nps.navy.mil> dabro@cs.nps.navy.mil (George Dabrowski) writes:
>Does anyone have any experience drawing smooth curves on an
>IRIS using a package called NURBS? If so, please tell me where
>I can get it and what you think of it. I am looking for a better
>way of drawing curves than is available in the graphics library
>at present.
>Thanks Much!

NURBS is not a package (well maybe it is but I've never heard of it) but stands
for: Non-Uniform Rational B-Splines.  These are now available from the graphics
library.

Here are the available on-line man pages:
bgnsurface, endsurface (3G) - delimit a NURBS surface definition
bgntrim, endtrim (3G)   - delimit a NURBS surface trimming loop
getnur (3G)             - returns the current value of a trimmed NURBS surfaces
display property
getnurbsproperty (3G)   - returns the current value of a trimmed NURBS surfaces
display property
nurbscurve (3G)         - controls the shape of a NURBS trimming curve
nurbssurface (3G)       - controls the shape of a NURBS surface
pwlcurve (3G)           - describes a piecewise linear trimming curve for NURBS
surfaces
setnur (3G)             - sets a property for the display of trimmed NURBS surfa
ces
setnurbsproperty (3G)   - sets a property for the display of trimmed NURBS surfa
ces
trimnurbs (1)           - create, display and edit trimmed, non-uniform, rationa
l B- Spline surfaces (NURBS)

--
"Mister! Hey mister! You lights are popped up, but they aren't on!"
	"Huh?  Oh gee thanks...<sigh>"