[comp.sys.sgi] flight/dog question

eastick@me.utoronto.ca (Doug Eastick) (08/03/90)

How does one keep a file of flight movements ("record" them) so that
they can be re-read ("played" back) in another session and, thus, have
a dogfight?  I know someone here at UofT did it, but he's gone now.

The man page doesn't say anything helpful.  Only option is -h.
IRIX 3.2.1
flight says it has options of -dhz.  What do they do?

Comments by mail please.  I'll summarize and post if asked.  I only
get a chance to read news every 4-5 days (which is longer than our
expire period).

Thanks.

dunlap@bigboote.sgi.com (D. Christopher Dunlap) (08/09/90)

In article <90Aug3.064507edt.26514@me.utoronto.ca> eastick@me.utoronto.ca (Doug Eastick) writes:
>How does one keep a file of flight movements ("record" them) so that
>they can be re-read ("played" back) in another session and, thus, have
>a dogfight?  I know someone here at UofT did it, but he's gone now.
>
>The man page doesn't say anything helpful.  Only option is -h.
>IRIX 3.2.1
>flight says it has options of -dhz.  What do they do?
>
>Comments by mail please.  I'll summarize and post if asked.  I only
>get a chance to read news every 4-5 days (which is longer than our
>expire period).
>
>Thanks.

dog -o record_file 	Saves a recording of your flight pattern into
			the file "record_file".

dog -i record_file	Brings up dog with the recorded flight from
			"record_file" playing in continuous loop.

dog -i record_file -o record_file2

			recorded input comes from "record_file" and
			output goes to "record_file2". This allows you
			to "dub in" multiple planes.

BUG: (Not really,, but important to know)

	The "record_file" can get VERY large.

chris

D. Christopher Dunlap  		Product Support Engineering
				Customer Support Division
email: dunlap@sgi.com		Silicon Graphics Computer Systems