[comp.sys.sgi] lisp

murthy@utkcs2.cs.utk.edu (Nagesh Murthy) (07/25/90)

Hi Netters:
	I would like to know if anybody (I mean anonymous FTP destination) has
a version (or dialect) of Lisp that works on a PI. I don't mind Prolog either.
But my first preference is LISP.
	Lot of times I see on this net people talk of different editors or softwares that they are using on their PIs, and I constantly wonder if they have
bought it or gottenn it via anonymous ftp. SG maintains a list of available
software through anonymous ftp or through tapes. But I think there is lot more
stuff available. Correct me if I am mistaken.

Thanks in advance.

zsd@PIG.DREA.DND.CA (Jim Diamond) (08/08/90)

Hi.

Is there anyone out there using some version of lisp on an SGI
machine?  If so, would you mind telling me which version of lisp,
where one can obtain it, what model of machine you are using it on,
and, if possible, any comparisons (e.g., reliability, functionality
and performance) between your version and the lisp available on
Symbolics lisp machines or (*gag*) Macs with MacIvory boards installed.

As usual, if there's any interest I'll be happy to summarize to
individuals or the net.

Thanks.

		Jim Diamond
		zsd@pig.drea.dnd.ca

bean@putter.wpd.sgi.com (Bean Anderson) (08/09/90)

In article <9008081642.AA04144@pig.drea.dnd.ca>, zsd@PIG.DREA.DND.CA
(Jim Diamond) writes:

> Is there anyone out there using some version of lisp on an SGI
> machine?  If so, would you mind telling me which version of lisp,
> where one can obtain it, what model of machine you are using it on,
> and, if possible, any comparisons (e.g., reliability, functionality
> and performance) between your version and the lisp available on
> Symbolics lisp machines or (*gag*) Macs with MacIvory boards installed.

Take a look in SGI's Geometry Partners Directory (catalogue) for
info on third-party language products.

IBUKI Common Lisp is listed on page 200.
	IBUKI
	1447 N. Shoreline Boulevard
	Mountain View, CA 94043

	phone:	(415) 961-4996
	fax:	(415) 961-8016

Franz, Inc. is listed on pages 178, 179, 198.  Franz sells
their Allegro products on the SGI platform but I don't know about
the availability of their Lisp compilers.

	Franz, Inc.
	1995 University Ave.
	Suite 275
	Berkeley, CA 94704