[comp.sys.sgi] togif request

fdg@mcgill-vision.uucp (Frank P. DiGiuseppe) (08/09/90)

Back when the source for "fromgif.c" was going around, I remember there
being mention of a "togif.c". If such a program exists (ie. one that
converts iris rgb images to GIF images) I was wondering if someone could
e-mail it to me. Even better would be a "tops.c" - converting directly
to postscript (currently I have just giftops.c). If anyone has one or both
of the above, I would greatly appreciate if they could send whatever
they have. Or, perhaps someone knows an ftp site that would stock the
above programs.

Thanks for any assistance,
Frank

Frank P. DiGiuseppe	       McGill Research Centre for Intelligent Machines
fdg@mcrcim.mcgill.edu          Computer Vision and Robotics Lab, Dept. EE,
			       McGill University, Montreal

" ratcliffe) (08/09/90)

In article <1990Aug8.222407.11519@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu> fdg@mcrcim.mcgill.edu (Frank P. DiGiuseppe) writes:

>              .... Even better would be a "tops.c" - converting directly
>to postscript (currently I have just giftops.c). If anyone has one or both
>of the above, I would greatly appreciate if they could send whatever

so it sounds as if you may not be familiar with existent to*.c and from*.c
files in /usr/people/4Dgifts/iristools/imgtools.  this subdir belongs to
the "dev.sw.giftssrc" subsystem.  if you don't have it--or the entire
/usr/people/4Dgifts subtree--loaded on your system you need to load it
from the DEVelopment tape using the INST(1M) software installation tool.
check yer Release notes for info regarding this subsystem and its
contents and the procedures for loading it.

               the current set of available from/to *.c
               files in ~4Dgifts/iristools/imgtools are:

    fromalias.c   fromdi.c      fromtarga.c   tobw.c        toscitex.c
    frombin.c     fromqtl.c     toalias.c     tonews.c      totarga.c
    fromcmap.c    fromrla.c     tobin.c       tops.c

there are a significantly larger number of from/to *.c files than these
currently on the drawing boards/being considered for inclusion in the
imgtools subdir, and their eventual incorporation is slated for the next
major software release *after* 3.3.X.  fromgif.c and togif.c are among the
programs we intend to include in this expanded set of conversion programs.
--
                                             daveus rattus

                                   yer friendly neighborhood ratman

                              KOYAANISQATSI

   ko.yan.nis.qatsi (from the Hopi Language)  n.  1. crazy life.  2. life
     in turmoil.  3. life out of balance.  4. life disintegrating.
     5. a state of life that calls for another way of living.

fdg@mcgill-vision.uucp (Frank P. DiGiuseppe) (08/10/90)

In article <11577@odin.corp.sgi.com> dave@sgi.com (dave "who can do? ratmandu!" ratcliffe) writes:
>In article <1990Aug8.222407.11519@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu> fdg@mcrcim.mcgill.edu (Frank P. DiGiuseppe) writes:
>>
>>              .... Even better would be a "tops.c" - converting directly
>>to postscript (currently I have just giftops.c). If anyone has one or both
>>of the above, I would greatly appreciate if they could send whatever
>
>so it sounds as if you may not be familiar with existent to*.c and from*.c
>files in /usr/people/4Dgifts/iristools/imgtools.

Well, you're half right ;-)  - I knew about their existence, but I just
didn't look hard enough.

And thanks to all those who sent me the togif.c code, it's much appreciated.