[comp.sys.sgi] rlogins and telnet

bobf@BLUMIRIS.CHEM.UMR.EDU ("Robert B. Funchess") (08/10/90)

This may be a silly question... but what NORMAL terminal is iris-ansi-net most
like?  On several Unix systems to which I have access, iris-ansi-net is NOT
in the termdefs.  I've been telling them I have a vt100, which (mostly) works
with some few strangenesses.  Is there anything MORE like iris-ansi-net than
vt100 is?

Thanks....
--
Bob Funchess					bobf@blumiris.chem.umr.edu
Chemistry Dept.					University of Missouri - Rolla

vjs@rhyolite.wpd.sgi.com (Vernon Schryver) (08/10/90)

In article <9008091949.AA23732@blumiris.chem.umr.edu>, bobf@BLUMIRIS.CHEM.UMR.EDU ("Robert B. Funchess") writes:
>This may be a silly question... but what NORMAL terminal is iris-ansi-net most
>like?...

Hmmmph!  It sounds as if you find "iris-ansi" other than normal.  I hope
it is better than normal, or at worst merely different.

`infocmp iris-ansi-net`, as described in infocmp(1M), can give you a
description.   This description can be carried to your other machines and
given to tic (described in tic(1M) on an IRIS) or termcaps.  There is a
listing of the wsh escape sequences in one of the manuals.

Vernon Schryver,     vjs@sgi.com