[comp.sys.sgi] Maybe in end-91: Release

doelz@urz.unibas.ch (08/17/90)

In article <1990Aug16.090611.899@urz.unibas.ch>, doelz@urz.unibas.ch writes:
> In article <2383953@mtsg.ubc.ca>, Michael_E._Murphy@MTSG.UBC.CA writes:
>>
>>      I am intrested in molecular graphics software that is good at
>> displaying electron density contours.  We have been using FRODO on
>
> We have been writing a prototype of program which does
                         ^^^^^^^^^
..
> The performance is great, the code is spagetti. Therefore,
> we are about redesigning it and will write it in C++.

Thanks to all who asked for availavility. Sorry to disappoint you, but
the prorgram prototype won't be available. As I said, we are
currently considering to have a 'real' programming interface at
the bottom (E.g., 'INSIGHT' might be an alternative) but want to
have a standalone version as well.

Further, we are currently investigating paths to get some 'better'
hardware. We would like to include VGX features but we need to have a
(financial) platform...

Provided that Christian Henn (who was primarily doing the coding work)
starts a Ph.D project on the program (which is, again, depending
on funding, but this should be finalized soon), we hope to have a version
to be released in the end-91 timeframe.

Regards.
Reinhard