[comp.sys.sgi] keymappings

ajp2o@crocus.medicine.rochester.edu (Anthony J. Persechini) (08/17/90)

I am running a version of tn3270 which maps pf3 to f3,  as
well as to ^*. While most other mappings work, the one to
f3 doesn't. Two queries. Has anyone already figured this out?
Does anyone know of a simple way to check the character
output from f keys?

--
Tony Persechini
Department of Physiology

fsfacca@avelon.lerc.nasa.gov (Tony Facca) (08/17/90)

In article <1990Aug16.154113@crocus.medicine.rochester.edu> ajp2o@crocus.medicine.rochester.edu writes:
>I am running a version of tn3270 which maps pf3 to f3,  as
>well as to ^*. While most other mappings work, the one to
>f3 doesn't. Two queries. Has anyone already figured this out?

The problem may be that SGI uses the F3 and F4 functions keys for their
snarf-n-barf operation under 4sight.  You can use the 'bindkey' function
to redefine the keyboard mappings.  If you put them all in a script and call
the script to connect to your VM system, it might look like this:

-----------------
#! /bin/sh
stty intr '^]'
bindkey -r f1
bindkey -r f2
bindkey -r f3
bindkey -r f4
bindkey -r f5
bindkey -r f6
bindkey -r f7
bindkey -r f8
bindkey -r f9
bindkey -r f10
bindkey -r f11
bindkey -r f12
bindkey -r print-scrn
bindkey -r insert
bindkey -r delete
bindkey -r end
bindkey -r home
bindkey -r scroll-lock
bindkey -r pause
bindkey -r page-up
bindkey -r page-down
/usr/local/bin/tn3270 vm
-----------------

Tony Facca   |   fsfacca@avelon.lerc.nasa.gov      |     phone: 216-433-8318
      You are at Witt's end.  Passages lead off in *all* directions.

eastick@me.utoronto.ca (Doug Eastick) (08/20/90)

In article <1990Aug17.114543.23130@eagle.lerc.nasa.gov>
fsfacca@avelon.lerc.nasa.gov (Tony Facca) writes:
>/usr/local/bin/tn3270 vm

Where can I get the source for tn3270?  I only have a REALLY old
beta version.  Where's the up-to-date stuff kept?

merritt@iris613.gsfc.nasa.gov (John H Merritt) (08/21/90)

In article <1990Aug16.154113@crocus.medicine.rochester.edu> ajp2o@crocus.medicine.rochester.edu writes:
>Does anyone know of a simple way to check the character
>output from f keys?

cat -v

Also, I found the key codes listed in Appendix A of "Using the GL/DGL
interfaces" in the 4Sight Programmer's Guide.  See also, Programmer's
Guide Volume II  in the chapters for curses/terminfo.

John H. Merritt                   #  Yesterday I knew nothing,
Applied Research Corporation      #  Today I know that.
merritt@iris613.gsfc.nasa.gov     #