[comp.sys.sgi] C++ 2.0 from SGI?

andy@gistdev.gist.com (Andy Warinner) (08/06/90)

We have been using C++ (version 1.2) purchased from SGI on our
Personal Iris.  When will a version of C++ based on AT&T's version
2.0 be available from SGI?  I talked to an engineer at SGI's roving
demo semi and he said that SGI is using C++ 2.0 in house.  But he didn't
know of any plans to release it.  Does SGI have any plans to share
its goodies?

Andrew Warinner | "Semper ubi sub ubi" - J. Caesar
GIST, Inc.      |
Standard        | EMAIL:  andy@gistdev.gist.com
disclaimer...   |         {uunet, uiucuxc}!gistdev!andy

msc@ramoth.esd.sgi.com (Mark Callow) (08/21/90)

In article <935@gistdev.gist.com>, andy@gistdev.gist.com (Andy Warinner)
writes:

|> demo semi and he said that SGI is using C++ 2.0 in house.  But he
didn't
|> know of any plans to release it.  Does SGI have any plans to share
|> its goodies?

Yes.  SGI will offer a C++ 2.0 product.  I don't know any dates and
even if I did, they'd probably be wrong.

--
From the TARDIS of Mark Callow
msc@ramoth.sgi.com, ...{ames,decwrl}!sgi!msc

jfw@rome.wpd.sgi.com (john fergus wilkinson) (08/21/90)

 writes:

> demo semi and he said that SGI is using C++ 2.0 in house.  But he
> didn't
> know of any plans to release it.  Does SGI have any plans to share
> its goodies?

SGI plans to release C++ 2.0 about October 1.