[comp.sys.sgi] Third Party Hardware

W0L@psuvm.psu.edu (Bill Lasher) (08/22/90)

Where can I get information on third-party hardware for the Personal IRIS
(specifically memory and disk drives)?

SOFGBOS@VM.UOGUELPH.CA (Gerrit) (08/23/90)

>Where can I get information on third-party hardware for the Personal IRIS
>(specifically memory and disk drives)?

After I got my Personal Iris, the folks at Falcon Systems, Inc. sent me a
brochure (Dear Silicon Graphics User:-) describing their third-party
hardware.  The prices seemed to be flexible after I phoned them, so it may
be worth your while to haggle a bit.  They claim 100% compatibility.

What I could not figure out is how they got my name (as opposed to quite
a few other people in our department that also got PI's... ah well.

Their vital stats are:

Patsy Zimmerman        (she hand-signed the letter)
National Accounts Representative
(800) 326-1002         (800 number worked from Canada)

Falcon Systems, Inc.
5816 Roseville Road
Sacramento, CA
(916) 344-1221    FAX: (916) 344-1292

Good Luck!

(GB
                        -------------------------------
It is a miracle that curiousity survives formal education... Albert Einstein

eastick@me.utoronto.ca (Doug Eastick) (08/23/90)

In article <9008222144.aa20683@VGR.BRL.MIL> SOFGBOS@VM.UOGUELPH.CA (Gerrit) writes:

>After I got my Personal Iris, the folks at Falcon Systems, Inc. sent me a
>brochure (Dear Silicon Graphics User:-) describing their third-party
>hardware.  The prices seemed to be flexible after I phoned them, so it may
>be worth your while to haggle a bit.  They claim 100% compatibility.

>What I could not figure out is how they got my name (as opposed to quite
>a few other people in our department that also got PI's... ah well.

>Their vital stats are:

>Patsy Zimmerman        (she hand-signed the letter)

She called me at HOME one day.  I guess she couldn't get my work
number so she tried 411.

W0L@PSUVM.PSU.EDU ("Bill Lasher 898-6391", 814) (08/24/90)

Thanks much,

Bill