[comp.sys.sgi] Bash for 4D/25

nong@MCC.COM (09/11/90)

I have trouble in getting GNU's Bash to compiled on 4D/25 running 3.3
Has anyone got it to work.  I would appreciate any advice/tips/help.

Thanks,

-------------
Nong Tarlton
Microelectronics and Computer Technology Corporation
nong@mcc.com

tomw@orac.esd.sgi.com (Tom Weinstein) (09/11/90)

In article <9009111436.AA09719@banach.aca.mcc.com>, nong@MCC.COM writes:
> I have trouble in getting GNU's Bash to compiled on 4D/25 running 3.3
> Has anyone got it to work.  I would appreciate any advice/tips/help.

> Thanks,

> -------------
> Nong Tarlton
> Microelectronics and Computer Technology Corporation
> nong@mcc.com

Bash will work under IRIX-3.3 whenever Brian gets around to releasing
version 1.06.

--
Tom Weinstein
Silicon Graphics, Inc., Entry Systems Division, Window Systems

jayavant@hpfcdj.HP.COM (Rajeev Jayavant) (09/14/90)

/ hpfcdj:comp.sys.sgi / tomw@orac.esd.sgi.com (Tom Weinstein) / 10:01 am  Sep 11, 1990 /
>In article <9009111436.AA09719@banach.aca.mcc.com>, nong@MCC.COM writes:
>> I have trouble in getting GNU's Bash to compiled on 4D/25 running 3.3
>> Has anyone got it to work.  I would appreciate any advice/tips/help.
>
>> Thanks,
>
>> -------------
>> Nong Tarlton
>> Microelectronics and Computer Technology Corporation
>> nong@mcc.com
>
> Bash will work under IRIX-3.3 whenever Brian gets around to releasing
> version 1.06.
>
> --
> Tom Weinstein
> Silicon Graphics, Inc., Entry Systems Division, Window Systems
> tomw@orac.esd.sgi.com
> Any opinions expressed above are mine, not sgi's.
> ----------
I spent some time last weekend porting bash-1.05 to Irix.  I currently
have it running on a 120GTX under 3.2 and on a 210GTX under 3.3.  I
gave up trying to get job control working under 3.2, but it seems to
work fine under 3.3.  I only made minor changes to config.h,
machines.h, jobs.c, and nojobs.c to get things working.

I have sent a message to Brian informing him that I have what appears
to be a working version for Irix, but have not heard back from him
yet.  If bash-1.06 is not going to be released anytime soon, I can dig
up the original 1.05 sources and generate some diffs.
							Rajeev
Rajeev Jayavant (rajeev@hpfcla.hp.com)	      "Excuse me, I've lost my marbles"
Hewlett Packard - Graphics Technology Division        - P. Opus, [Bloom County]

tomw@orac.esd.sgi.com (Tom Weinstein) (09/16/90)

In article <17450008@hpfcdj.HP.COM> jayavant@hpfcdj.HP.COM (Rajeev Jayavant) writes:
> / hpfcdj:comp.sys.sgi / tomw@orac.esd.sgi.com (Tom Weinstein) / 10:01 am  Sep 11, 1990 /

>> Bash will work under IRIX-3.3 whenever Brian gets around to releasing
>> version 1.06.
>>
>> --
>> Tom Weinstein
>> Silicon Graphics, Inc., Entry Systems Division, Window Systems
>> tomw@orac.esd.sgi.com
>> Any opinions expressed above are mine, not sgi's.
>> ----------

> I spent some time last weekend porting bash-1.05 to Irix.  I currently
> have it running on a 120GTX under 3.2 and on a 210GTX under 3.3.  I
> gave up trying to get job control working under 3.2, but it seems to
> work fine under 3.3.  I only made minor changes to config.h,
> machines.h, jobs.c, and nojobs.c to get things working.

> I have sent a message to Brian informing him that I have what appears
> to be a working version for Irix, but have not heard back from him
> yet.  If bash-1.06 is not going to be released anytime soon, I can dig
> up the original 1.05 sources and generate some diffs.
> 							Rajeev

Four months ago I gave Brian code to make Bash work with job control
under Irix-3.3, and that code will be in bash-1.06.  I never tried to
make it work under 3.2, though.

--

tjh@iris.mincom.oz.au (Tim Hudson) (09/24/90)

In article <TOMW.90Sep15205654@orac.esd.sgi.com> tomw@esd.sgi.com writes:
>>> Bash will work under IRIX-3.3 whenever Brian gets around to releasing
>>> version 1.06.
>Four months ago I gave Brian code to make Bash work with job control
>under Irix-3.3, and that code will be in bash-1.06.  I never tried to
>make it work under 3.2, though.

	It would have been nice to know this. I assumed that when bash
1.06 arrived that I would be able to compile it under IRIX 3.2.* - not
so. I got hold of bash1.06beta and found only IRIX 3.3 support;
I have managed to get it working (including JOB control) under IRIX
3.2 (3.2.3 to be precise). If anyone is interested then I will make up
a patch file as it seems to be stable at this stage; time permitting.

Tim

--
Mincom, Brisbane	     internet    : tjh@mincom.oz{.au}
Australia                    UUCP        : ..!uunet!munnari!mincom.oz!tjh