[comp.sys.sgi] Changing icon title within wsh

sabbagh@acf5.NYU.EDU (sabbagh) (10/09/90)

To whom it may concern:

I am sure that this question has been covered many times on the net before,
but I don't remember reading about it.

After reading the "4Sight Programmers Guide" (i.e., IRTFM) I was able to
change the title of a wsh window.  However, I cannot seem to find out
how to change the title of the icon of such a window.

Any comments, suggestions, help, etc. would be gratefully appreciated.

(Now donning my asbestos suit).

Hadil G. Sabbagh
E-mail:		sabbagh@csd27.nyu.edu
Voice:		(212) 998-3125
Snail:		Courant Institute of Math. Sci.
		251 Mercer St.
		New York,NY 10012

"No talking to invisible people."
				- Sign in Top Dog, Durant Ave., Berkeley
Disclaimer: This is not a disclaimer.

vic@wookie.wpd.sgi.com (Victor Mitnick) (10/09/90)

In <1251@acf5.NYU.EDU> sabbagh@acf5.NYU.EDU (sabbagh) writes:

>After reading the "4Sight Programmers Guide" (i.e., IRTFM) I was able to
>change the title of a wsh window.  However, I cannot seem to find out
>how to change the title of the icon of such a window.

To change the icon title:
	echo "\033P3.yTITLE\033\\"

Just for completeness, here's how to change the wsh title:
	echo "\033P1.yTITLE\033\\"

In a script, replace "TITLE" with "$!", and it will set the title to
the first command line argument.

--
Vic Mitnick                Silicon Graphics, Inc.
vic@sgi.com                System Software Division

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."      -- Sigmund Freud.

vic@wookie.wpd.sgi.com (Victor Mitnick) (10/10/90)

In <1990Oct8.224854.3065@odin.corp.sgi.com> vic@wookie.wpd.sgi.com (Victor Mitnick) (HEY! that's me!) writes:

>In a script, replace "TITLE" with "$!", and it will set the title to
>the first command line argument.

whoops - that should be "$1", not "$!"

--
Vic Mitnick                Silicon Graphics, Inc.
vic@sgi.com                System Software Division
(415)335-1372

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."      -- Sigmund Freud.

blbates@aero4.larc.nasa.gov ("Brent L. Bates AAD/TAB MS361 x42854") (10/15/90)

  There are two ways to change the title of the wsh window.  One is with
the -t option with changes only the window title and the -n option which
changes both the window and icon titles (-n also changes the name that
4sight sees)
--

	Brent L. Bates
	NASA-Langley Research Center

sabbagh@acf5.NYU.EDU (sabbagh) (10/18/90)

In article <9010151226.AA08457@aero4.larc.nasa.gov> blbates@aero4.larc.nasa.gov ("Brent L. Bates AAD/TAB MS361 x42854") writes:

>  There are two ways to change the title of the wsh window.  One is with
>the -t option with changes only the window title and the -n option which
>changes both the window and icon titles (-n also changes the name that
>4sight sees)

To which command must we pass these flags?

Hadil G. Sabbagh
E-mail:		sabbagh@cs.nyu.edu