[comp.sys.sgi] fortran compilation error

v075pcah@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Dinesh K Sukumaran) (10/25/90)

I am trying to compile fortran programs on our personal iris 4D25
I always end up with the following error(s):

Undefined:
__trap_fpe_override
__checktraps

I do not know where these routines are called or how I can include
them.

Could some one help me out?

This error is independent of the program (i.e. always occurs
with all programs; even with a six line program to add
three numbers!!)

thanks,

--Dinesh

   Dinesh K. Sukumaran    Tel:   (716)-831-3147
   Dept. of Chemistry     Fax:   (716)-831-2960
   9 Acheson Hall         email: chedinsh@ubvmsc.cc.buffalo.edu
   SUNY at Buffalo               dinesh@hohaha.chem.buffalo.edu
   Buffalo, NY 14214             v075pcah@ubvmsc.bitnet

calvin@dinkum.wpd.sgi.com (Calvin H. Vu) (10/26/90)

In <42465@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> v075pcah@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Dinesh K Sukumaran) writes:

| I am trying to compile fortran programs on our personal iris 4D25
| I always end up with the following error(s):
|
| Undefined:
| __trap_fpe_override
| __checktraps

	Compiled with "-y__trap_fpe_override -y__checktraps" causes the
linker to display:

/usr/lib/libF77.a(main.o): reference to external small undefined __trap_fpe_over
ride
/usr/lib/libI77.a(close.o): reference to external undefined __checktraps
/usr/lib/libmpc.a(cuexit.o): definition of external small data __trap_fpe_overri
de
/usr/lib/libmpc.a(stubfpeexit.o): definition of external text __checktraps

	So it seems you're not using /usr/lib/libmpc.a or not using
the 3.3 release of libmpc.a (I think those two variables are new in
3.3 release).

| --Dinesh

- calvin
Calvin H. Vu			   | "We are each of us angels with only one
Silicon Graphics Computer Systems  | wing.  And we can only fly embracing
calvin@sgi.com   (415) 962-3679	   | each other."

deb@kea.wpd.sgi.com (Deb Ryan) (10/26/90)

In article <42465@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU>, v075pcah@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Dinesh K Sukumaran) writes:
> I am trying to compile fortran programs on our personal iris 4D25
> I always end up with the following error(s):
>
> Undefined:
> __trap_fpe_override
> __checktraps

This problem does not occur in any of our standard releases, as long as
you have not mixed system libraries from different releases.

Another possibility is that you have acquired some unsupported software.
In this case - be careful, we know where you live. :)

As I recall,

Release 3.2 has no reference to these variables.

Release 3.3 has
integer __trap_fpe_override referenced in libF77.a, defined in libc.a
subroutine _checktraps referenced in libI77.a, defined in libc.a.

					-Deb
					 deb@sgi.com
 					 Deborah Caruso @ Silicon Graphics
					 (415) 962-3483