[comp.sys.sgi] EOE2-3.2 won't go away?

W0L@psuvm.psu.edu (Bill Lasher) (11/19/90)

We've loaded 3.3.1 on machines running 3.2.  When I do versions, it says
"EOE PD 2, S4-EOE2-3.2, 808-0056-006" in addition to the 3.3 stuff.
Is part of 3.2 really still there?  There were no error messages during
installation, and everything seems to work fine.

Bill

bobg@rains.wpd.sgi.com (Bob Green) (11/20/90)

In article <90323.095328W0L@psuvm.psu.edu>, W0L@psuvm.psu.edu (Bill Lasher) writes:
|> We've loaded 3.3.1 on machines running 3.2.  When I do versions, it says
|> "EOE PD 2, S4-EOE2-3.2, 808-0056-006" in addition to the 3.3 stuff.
|> Is part of 3.2 really still there?  There were no error messages during
|> installation, and everything seems to work fine.
|>
|> Bill

The subsystem name will persist in the installation history as an installed subsystem
if any portion of that subsystem has not been replaced by newer software.  If it is an
entire subsystem you will be able to see it by typing 'versions -Inv eoe2'.

You can then either remove it or replace it with the 3.3 version.

Bob Green
Silicon Graphics

fsfacca@AVELON.LERC.NASA.GOV (Tony Facca) (11/23/90)

>We've loaded 3.3.1 on machines running 3.2.  When I do versions, it says
>"EOE PD 2, S4-EOE2-3.2, 808-0056-006" in addition to the 3.3 stuff.
>Is part of 3.2 really still there?  There were no error messages during
>installation, and everything seems to work fine.

Is eoe2 4D1-3.3 listed as well?  If they are both there, only the 3.3 version
should have an "I" in the first column.

Try "versions -I" to limit the display to what is currently installed.  Chances
are that the 3.2 entry has an "R" in the first column?  This means that it was
removed to make way for 3.3

Under certain conditions, the database which holds the versions information
used to not get updated  (I still have one machine which shows 2.2b as having
been installed), but more recent versions of versions seem to work better.

Tony Facca   |   fsfacca@avelon.lerc.nasa.gov      |     phone: 216-433-8318
      You are at Witt's end.  Passages lead off in *all* directions.