[comp.sys.sgi] VideoCreator....

hollan@flash.bellcore.com (Jim Hollan) (12/04/90)

I would be interested in exchanging experiences with anyone using SGI's
VideoCreator.  I have one on a 340VGX.

Jim Hollan

doelz@urz.unibas.ch (12/05/90)

In article <HOLLAN.90Dec4083420@tavarua.flash.bellcore.com>, hollan@flash.bellcore.com (Jim Hollan) writes:

> I would be interested in exchanging experiences with anyone using SGI's
> VideoCreator.  I have one on a 340VGX.
>
> Jim Hollan

We are thinking about getting one after bad results with the genlock board.
Is it worth to get the VideoCreator for PAL video ($$$) ?

Reinhard

mg@ (Mike Gigante) (12/05/90)

doelz@urz.unibas.ch writes:

]In article <HOLLAN.90Dec4083420@tavarua.flash.bellcore.com>, hollan@flash.bellcore.com (Jim Hollan) writes:
]>
]>> I would be interested in exchanging experiences with anyone using SGI's
]> VideoCreator.  I have one on a 340VGX.
]>
]> Jim Hollan

]We are thinking about getting one after bad results with the genlock board.
]Is it worth to get the VideoCreator for PAL video ($$$) ?

]Reinhard

We too will have one in a few weeks time. Stay tuned...

Mike

kalle@sima.sintef.no (Karl Henrik Eggestad) (12/06/90)

Yes ! We have installed VideoCreator for our 320 VGX in Norway (that is in
PAL land folx). We are VERY satisfied with it... please remember to have
good enough VCRs for it... the Video signal quality is far better than
what a for instance LowBand U-Matic system can reproduce... go to
SuperVHS or BetaCam or even Bradcast... We did some shots for the
Norwegian Broadcasting Corp. for public broadcasting, and they were VERY
satisfied with the signal.

Buy It, you're gonna love it !

Karl Eggestad,
SINTEF Industrial Mathematics

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed are mine and do not (necessarily) reflect
those of my emplyer SINTEF of Norway... (however, they might...)

mjz@texhrc.UUCP (Michael Zeitlin) (12/07/90)

    where can i buy VideoCreator?

     cost?

     thanks..