[comp.sys.sgi] Pro/Engineer on IRIS 4d

adaptive@libra.cs.nps.navy.mil (zyda res acct) (12/12/90)

Does anyone have experience using the CAD program Pro/Engineer on an
IRIS 4d/25? I am trying to import some IGES files into Pro/Engineer
and
would like to know if anyone has tried this.

	thanks,

	gd

drobinso@BERNOULLI.AFIT.AF.MIL (12/13/90)

just saw your note on the info.iris board reference pro/engineer. could
you give me some more info on this package?  types of problems you're
solving, what machines it runs on, ease of interface, dynamic system
capability, commercial point of contact, etc, etc, etc.....

i have a group of master's students who each year are involved with a
systems engineering design project and i'm always on the lookout for CAD tools.

thanks in advance!

dave robinson
prof areo/astro dept
af institute of technology
wpafb,oh 45433
av: 785-9915
drobinso@blackbird.afit.af.mil

eastick@me.utoronto.ca (Doug Eastick) (12/16/90)

drobinso@BERNOULLI.AFIT.AF.MIL writes:

>just saw your note on the info.iris board reference pro/engineer. could
>you give me some more info on this package?  types of problems you're
>solving, what machines it runs on, ease of interface, dynamic system
>capability, commercial point of contact, etc, etc, etc.....

Pro/Eng is a 3d, dimension driven, feature based, parametric design
tool.  It's got great advantages for designers who can think in 3d,
but the drafting package sucks.

Runs on just about any UNIX workstation (we use 4D/25's).  Contact
Parametric Techology in Waltham, MA.  Our Canadian VAR is Rand
Technologies (416) 695-2000.

..Doug