[comp.sys.sgi] workspace help!

daj@ (Dean A. Jones) (12/19/90)

Since updating our diskless network to 3.3 workspace no longer works on the
diskless machines. It works on the main server and on the machine where the
users directories are stored (which the diskless machines nfs mount).
Can anyone offer advice?

Thanks in advance.
Dean Jones.
Computer Systems Officer.
Advanced Computer Graphics Centre.
RMIT
daj@godzilla.cgl.rmit.oz.au

betsy@vesuvius.esd.sgi.com (Betsy Zeller) (01/04/91)

In article <daj.661568984@godzilla> daj@ (Dean A. Jones) writes:
>Since updating our diskless network to 3.3 workspace no longer works on the
>diskless machines. It works on the main server and on the machine where the
>users directories are stored (which the diskless machines nfs mount).
>Can anyone offer advice?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>Dean Jones.
>Computer Systems Officer.
>Advanced Computer Graphics Centre.
>RMIT
>daj@godzilla.cgl.rmit.oz.au

One simple (though annoying) fix for this is to remove the file
	$HOME/.workspace/.lockFile
before running workspace. Unfortunately, this has to be done each time
before workspace is run.

Betsy Zeller
betsy@sgi.com