[comp.sys.sgi] GNU software and the IRIS

gumby@Cygnus.COM (David Vinayak Wallace) (01/10/91)

   Date: 7 Jan 91 02:57:49 GMT
   From: vjs@rhyolite.wpd.sgi.com (Vernon Schryver)

   In article <DC923761BB3F00167B@dino.squibb.com>, BRUC@DINO.SQUIBB.COM ("Bob Bruccoleri  683-6165", 609) writes:

   > 	Thankfully, the Iris user community and individuals at SGI are
   > working to make the GNU programs work on our workstations. But it would
   > be better if corporate SGI got more involved with the GNU project.

   [And Schryver explains that SGI isn't getting paid to support it,
    and so (reasonably) puts GNU stuff on the back burner at best].

You can buy commercial support for the GNU software for a variety of
platforms, including the SGI IRIS, from Cygnus Support.

We offer commercial support for Emacs, GNU C, GNU C++, etc.  To avoid
being too blatently commercial, I'll stop here and let you write if
you'd like more information.