[comp.sys.sgi] tocolps.c

mccalpin@perelandra.cms.udel.edu (John D. McCalpin) (01/17/91)

Last April I got a copy of tocolps.c from someone out there in
INFO-IRIS-land.  I have never been able to get the output from this
utility to work.  The offending command is 'setcolorscreen' which none
of our PostScript printers recognize.  The color PostScript printer
here is a QMS if that makes any difference.

So:

(1) Is 'setcolorscreen' supposed to be an intrinsic part of color
PostScript?

or;

(2) Is there supposed to be a header file somewhere that has this
operator defined?

Thanks for any help!
--
John D. McCalpin			mccalpin@perelandra.cms.udel.edu
Assistant Professor			mccalpin@brahms.udel.edu

bobf@BLUMIRIS.CHEM.UMR.EDU (Bob Funchess) (01/18/91)

On Jan 17, John D. McCalpin wrote:
> Subject: tocolps.c
>
> Last April I got a copy of tocolps.c from someone out there in
> INFO-IRIS-land.  I have never been able to get the output from this
> utility to work.  The offending command is 'setcolorscreen' which none
> of our PostScript printers recognize.  The color PostScript printer
> here is a QMS if that makes any difference.
>
>-- End of excerpt from John D. McCalpin

I would consider this odd, since we have a QMS color postscript printer, and
tocolps seems to work fine with it... ours is a QMS model 100, if that makes
any difference.

The printer sits on an AppleTalk network, and currently what we do is download
the postscript file to a Macintosh and use one of the several mac utilities to
dump that file to the printer.  Unlike many Macintosh color postscript
generation programs, this has always worked so far (although it's SLOW,
because often the files approach 2 meg) with our QMS printer.

--
Bob Funchess					bobf@blumiris.chem.umr.edu
Department of Chemistry				University of Missouri - Rolla

apm940y@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au (Robin J Humble) (01/18/91)

I'm looking for a utility to convert iris image library .rgb format
picture files to colour PostScript (for a Tek PHASER PX).

Will tocolps do this? And if so, could someone please mail me a copy or
let me know where I can obtain such an amazingly useful program.

Thanks in advance.
--
apm940y@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
      Robin J Humble
Disclaimer: If I had any opinions strong enough to disclaim, then I
            would have a disclaimer.