[comp.sys.sgi] need color postscript window dumper

hartzell@boulder.colorado.edu (George Hartzell) (01/25/91)

I am looking for a [set of] utilit[y,ies] that will allow me to make
color postscript hard copies (on a Tektronix Phaser PX) of
windows/portions of the screen of a personal IRIS.  I found icut/tops,
but they seem to do mono.

g.
George Hartzell			                  (303) 492-4535
 MCD Biology, University of Colorado-Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309
hartzell@Boulder.Colorado.EDU           ..!ncar!boulder!hartzell

merritt@iris613.gsfc.nasa.gov (John H Merritt) (01/29/91)

In article <1991Jan24.171201.9478@csn.org> hartzell@boulder.colorado.edu (George Hartzell) writes:

>I am looking for a [set of] utilit[y,ies] that will allow me to make
>color postscript hard copies (on a Tektronix Phaser PX) of
>windows/portions of the screen of a personal IRIS.  I found icut/tops,
>but they seem to do mono.
I found 'px2ps' at:

   gauguin.Princeton.edu    (128.112.224.1)

   login as "ftp" or "anonymous"
   use anything as a password
   set binary mode

   get pub/pix/px2ps

 Currently handled input formats:
   TIFF,SGI,Sun,Targa,Alias,Sim,HDF,GWH (at Princeton: GIF,Xwd, and .Z files)
   Note: Uses Level II 'colorimage' operator for RGB images.
         Even grayscale ('image' operator) EPS files are huge!
         Not all color PostScript printers handle images correctly.

              John H. Merritt --> merritt@iris613.gsfc.nasa.gov
              Applied Research Corporation at NASA/GSFC
              "Yesterday I knew nothing, today I know that."

In article <999@borg.cs.unc.edu> certain@degas.cs.unc.edu (Andrew Certain) writes:
>In article <2756@dftsrv.gsfc.nasa.gov> merritt@iris613.UUCP (John H Merritt) writes:
>>I found 'px2ps' at:
>>   gauguin.Princeton.edu    (128.112.224.1)
>It wouldn't let me log in as anonymous.
Try it again, it is back in service.