[comp.sys.sgi] Scalable Fonts

Dan Karron@UCBVAX.BERKELEY.EDU (01/31/91)

I have a system to make your own geometry fonts. You have
to draw each letter to setup the geometry, and then you can scale them
to any size you want. Because my font system uses the IconSmith drawing tool,
you can make your letters in filled color, decorative, and as elaborate as you
want.

Look on my anon ftp for source and sample code.

If you do make a font, please send me a copy, as I need more fonts for
my self. I am getting tired of looking at my own style.

>Date: Wed, 30 Jan 91 14:32:53 EST
>From: "Ron Cagenello (w/ Aries Ardetti" <rbc@xp.psych.nyu.edu>
> Subject: X and Outline Fonts?
>
>Does anyone know whether F3 format scalable outline fon are
>available for the Iris to be used by X applications?
>
>X-provided fonts are pre-sized bitmaps - Sun offers F3 outline
>fonts which can be used by NeWS and X11, and as 4sight also runs
>NeWS it should be possible to display outline fonts, scaled to the
>requested size within NeWS, in an X application.
>
>Ron Cagenello
>The Lighthouse (Low Vision Research)
>rbc@xp.psych.nyu.edu
| karron@nyu.edu (E-mail alias that will always find me)                      |
| Fax: 212 263 7190           *           Dan Karron, Research Associate      |
| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . *           New York University Medical Center  |
| 560 First Avenue           \*\    Pager <1> (212) 397 9330                  |
| New York, New York 10016    \**\        <2> 10896   <3> <your-number-here>  |
| Main machine: karron.med.nyu.edu (128.122.135.3) IRIS 85GT                  |

NOTE PHONE NUMBER CHANGE: The Med Ctr has changed from 340 to 263 exchange.