[comp.sys.sgi] Irix 4.0

uh311ae@SUNMANAGER.LRZ-MUENCHEN.DE (Henrik Klagges) (12/21/90)

Hello Everybody !

If NeWS and its' programmers' experience is finally dumped, I'd like
to see SGI provide us with an Interface Builder. This would alleviate
the transition process of those who have to rewrite large systems
enormously.
Anyway, I regard this as an anti-technical and purely political decision.
Therefore, if I really have to eat the X-toad, I want lots of cookies.

Henrik Klagges

STM group at LMU Munich
uh33201@vee.lrz-muenchen.de
uh33201@ymp.lrz-muenchen.de

"I think that X-windows is braindamaged and will fail." (Steven Jobs)
"I think that X-windows is braindamaged and should fail." (Me)

jsw@xhead.esd.sgi.com (Jeff Weinstein) (12/22/90)

In article <9012211240.AA05969@sunmanager.lrz-muenchen.de>,
uh311ae@SUNMANAGER.LRZ-MUENCHEN.DE (Henrik Klagges) writes:
> Hello Everybody !

> If NeWS and its' programmers' experience is finally dumped, I'd like
> to see SGI provide us with an Interface Builder. This would alleviate
> the transition process of those who have to rewrite large systems
> enormously.

  I believe that Visual Edge will be offering their Motif interface
builder on SGI machines some time soon...

	--Jeff

Jeff Weinstein - X Protocol Police
Silicon Graphics, Inc., Entry Systems Division, Window Systems
jsw@xhead.esd.sgi.com
Any opinions expressed above are mine, not sgi's.

stephen@BRL.MIL (Stephen Schraml, TBD|BDB) (02/01/91)

     When will SGI begin shipping Irix 4.0? I just submitted a purchace
request for a Personal Iris and was wondering if I will get 3.3 or 4.0.

     Please mail responses to stephen@brl.mil.

     Thanks to all.

jsw@xhead.esd.sgi.com (Jeff Weinstein) (02/01/91)

  You will get 3.3 on a PI that you order now.  We have not yet
announced when we will be shipping 4.0.