[comp.sys.sgi] psedit or something like it

lacomb@SIERRA.STANFORD.EDU ("Lloyd J. Lacomb") (04/15/91)

A week or so ago someone posted a query about psedit- a program that
allowed you to edit postscript files.  I didn't see any response on the
network.  Does such a program exist, or more to the point does it
exist for the 4D series.  I'll summerize to the net if I get any
response.

Thanks
Lloyd LaComb
lacomb@sierra.stanford.edu

choi@nas.nasa.gov (Diana Choi) (04/16/91)

lacomb@SIERRA.STANFORD.EDU ("Lloyd J. Lacomb") writes:

>A week or so ago someone posted a query about psedit- a program that
>allowed you to edit postscript files.  I didn't see any response on the
>network.  Does such a program exist, or more to the point does it
>exist for the 4D series.  I'll summerize to the net if I get any
>response.

Hi.  I am currently still writing "psedit" ...my apologies to everyone for
taking so long.  Version 1.0 will be available later this year and like
most version 1.0s (at least the one's I write) will probably be quite buggy.
Send your name and address to choi@nas.nasa.gov to request a beta release.
Don't expect a response until around October.

diana

msc@ramoth.esd.sgi.com (Mark Callow) (04/19/91)

In article <CMM.0.90.0.671666934.lacomb@sierra.Stanford.EDU>, lacomb@SIERRA.STANFORD.EDU ("Lloyd J. Lacomb") writes:

|> A week or so ago someone posted a query about psedit- a program that
|> allowed you to edit postscript files.  I didn't see any response on the

What's wrong with vi or emacs or gnumacs or ... (insert your favourite
text editor).  PostScript files are just ASCII files.

What are you really looking for?
--
From the TARDIS of Mark Callow
msc@ramoth.sgi.com, ...{ames,decwrl}!sgi!msc