[comp.sys.sgi] IRIX 4.0 ?

yaron@ARISTO.TAU.AC.IL (Yaron Zabary) (05/15/91)

Does any of you out there know when is IRIX 4,0 going to be released. Or otherwise,
has any of you ported X11R4 to IRIX 3.3.1 ?  We need a powerful X11R4 machine fast.

-- Yaron.

jsw@xhead.esd.sgi.com (Jeff Weinstein) (05/16/91)

> In article <2120@ccsg.tau.ac.il>, yaron@ARISTO.TAU.AC.IL (Yaron Zabary) writes:
> Does any of you out there know when is IRIX 4,0 going to be released. Or otherwise,
> has any of you ported X11R4 to IRIX 3.3.1 ?  We need a powerful X11R4 machine fast.

  Most of the IRIX 3.3.* stuff is X11R4.  Parts of the X server are X11R3.  What
particular feature of X11R4 do you require that IRIX 3.3.* is lacking?

	--Jeff

--
Jeff Weinstein - X Protocol Police
Silicon Graphics, Inc., Entry Systems Division, Window Systems