[comp.sys.sgi] Graphing/spreadsheet applications for the Personal Iris?

pejacoby@mmm.serc.3m.com (Paul E. Jacoby) (05/18/91)

  Having just installed a Personal Iris 4D/35 (16 meg, IRIX 3.3.2), we
  are moving some modelling work to it from a Macintosh. The
  programming was an easy port, but we now need to find a graphing
  package.

  On the Macs, we are using Kaleidagraph and/or Excel 2.2a.  The graphs
  being created are primarily of the XY form.  Is there a good
  replacement for either or both of these programs on the Iris?

  Any pointers would be gratefully accepted. Thanks in advance.

  Paul
--
| Paul E. Jacoby, 3M Company     |                                   |
| Maplewood, MN   55144-1000     |  Parachuting?  Why jump out of a  |

gold@sgi.com (Michael Gold) (05/19/91)

In article <1991May17.194804.4944@mmm.serc.3m.com> pejacoby@mmm.serc.3m.com (Paul E. Jacoby) writes:

>  On the Macs, we are using Kaleidagraph and/or Excel 2.2a.  The graphs
>  being created are primarily of the XY form.  Is there a good
>  replacement for either or both of these programs on the Iris?

Wingz has been ported to the IRIS-4D Series.  You can order it from your
SGI sales rep, or by calling the SW Express line (same # as the hotline,
(800) 800-4SGI, then press #1 for Catalog Sales).

For the uninitiated, Wingz is a powerful, programmable spreadsheet with
2D and 3D graphics capabilities.

--
    Michael I. Gold	 	You go your way, I'll go mine,
    Silicon Graphics Inc.	I don't care if we get there on time,

hajadi@sgi.com (Ivan M. Hajadi) (05/19/91)

In article <1991May17.194804.4944@mmm.serc.3m.com> pejacoby@mmm.serc.3m.com (Paul E. Jacoby) writes:

>  Having just installed a Personal Iris 4D/35 (16 meg, IRIX 3.3.2), we
>  are moving some modelling work to it from a Macintosh. The
>  programming was an easy port, but we now need to find a graphing
>  package.
>
>  On the Macs, we are using Kaleidagraph and/or Excel 2.2a.  The graphs
>  being created are primarily of the XY form.  Is there a good
>  replacement for either or both of these programs on the Iris?
>
>  Any pointers would be gratefully accepted. Thanks in advance.
>
>  Paul
>--
>| Paul E. Jacoby, 3M Company     |                                   |
>| Maplewood, MN   55144-1000     |  Parachuting?  Why jump out of a  |
>| => pejacoby@3m.com             |  perfectly good airplane?         |
>|                 (612) 737-3211 |                                   |

Wingz from informix is available for iris.  it has nice graph also.
contact software express.

--

-- ivan

    Ivan M. Hajadi             hajadi@csd.sgi.com