[comp.sys.sgi] syslog error

"0000-Admin@UCBVAX.BERKELEY.EDU (05/23/91)

I'm getting the message "ec0: late collision" in my syslog, and I have no
clue what it means.  Everything's been running ok for a while now, and I'm
not noticing any particular problems in how the system runs even with the
sudden appearance of this message.  Maybe it's a silly question, but I couldn't
find anything relevant in a check through the man pages...
Thanks in advance,
Eugene Gholz
(eugholz@athena.mit.edu)

alan@hal.larc.nasa.gov (alan dare) (05/23/91)

In article <9105221954.AA05889@uzi.mit.edu> "0000-Admin@UCBVAX.BERKELEY.EDU writes:
>I'm getting the message "ec0: late collision" in my syslog, and I have no
>clue what it means.  Everything's been running ok for a while now, and I'm
>not noticing any particular problems in how the system runs even with the
>sudden appearance of this message.  Maybe it's a silly question, but I couldn't
>find anything relevant in a check through the man pages...
>Thanks in advance,
>Eugene Gholz
>(eugholz@athena.mit.edu)

I have had the same problem. It turned out to be an ethernet (sp) hardware
problem.

Alan

Alan Dare                     |  Internet : alan@hal.larc.nasa.gov
NASA Langley Research Center  |