[comp.sys.sgi] IRIX question - logging off users.

dboles@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (David Boles) (06/03/91)

The system is a 4D/310 running 3.3.2

Occasionally, some of the other people who use the machine leave themselves
logged in remotely over the weekend.  Normally this is ok, but if I need to
log them out for some reason, it is a pain to have to go get the guards to
let me into their offices.  I have tried killing the processes associated
with the tty line that finger tells me they are on, but they still show up
as being logged on.

  A novice sysadm,
    David Boles

David Boles                                       Applied Research Laboratories
dboles@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
apas611@chpc.utexas.edu                      This space for rent, apply within.

hooft@fys.ruu.nl (Rob Hooft) (06/03/91)

In <49864@ut-emx.uucp> dboles@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (David Boles) writes:

>Occasionally, some of the other people who use the machine leave themselves
>logged in remotely over the weekend.

Assuming that all users use the csh, try the tcsh available from
tesla.ee.cornell.edu, it has many nice features such as an autologout period.

--
Rob Hooft, Chemistry department University of Utrecht.
hooft@hutruu54.bitnet hooft@chem.ruu.nl hooft@fys.ruu.nl