[comp.sys.sgi] Using a PI as a domain name server

larry@abtlabs.uucp (Larry Pajakowski) (05/30/91)

I'm about to purchase a PI to use as a gateway and a domain name server for
our domain.  I sure would like to hear if anybody has this setup working.
If it isn't going to work I will have to change plans quickly.

Your help and comments will be appreciated.

Larry Pajakowski
1-708-937-1153
Abbott Labs
larry@abtlabs.uucp
pajakowskil@randb.abbott.com

vaillan@ireq.hydro.qc.ca (Clement Vaillancourt) (06/03/91)

In article <1991May30.161758.17661@abbott.com> larry@abtlabs.uucp (Larry Pajakowski) writes:
>I'm about to purchase a PI to use as a gateway and a domain name server for
>our domain.  I sure would like to hear if anybody has this setup working.
>If it isn't going to work I will have to change plans quickly.
>Larry Pajakowski
>larry@abtlabs.uucp

I am usina a PI as a domain name server for 500 nodes on our WAN here without
any problems. For the gateways we use all cisco since we have many T1 links.

I also use the PI as a network monitor with the SGI NetVisualyzer software,
it's great.

Regards,
Clem.
--
   Clement Vaillancourt, Analyste,   |   Institut de Recherche d'Hydro-Quebec
   Responsable du Reseau Ethernet    |        1800 Montee Ste-Julie, Varennes