[comp.sys.sgi] Showcase question

shenkin@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Peter S. Shenkin) (06/05/91)

First, thanks to all those who replied to my query on upgrading from IRIX
3.2 to 3.3.  Everything went uneventfully (that means "well"  ;-) ), and
as soon as I get some more tapes for backups I will do the 3.3.2 upgrade.

I just loaded Showcase.  I can open the application, but when I try to use
online Help, the Home, PgUp, PgDn and End keys have no effect whatsoever;
yes, the cursor is in the Help window.  Suggestions?

This is a 4d25tg running (now) IRIX 3.3.

	Thanks,
	-P.
************************f*u*cn*rd*ths*u*cn*gt*a*gd*jb**************************
Peter S. Shenkin, Department of Chemistry, Barnard College, New York, NY  10027
(212)854-1418  shenkin@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu(Internet)  shenkin@cunixf(Bitnet)
***"In scenic New York... where the third world is only a subway ride away."***

shenkin@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu (Peter S. Shenkin) (06/05/91)

In article <1991Jun4.203056.11434@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu>
  shenkin@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu writes:
  ^^^^^^^ (that's me!)

>I just loaded Showcase.  I can open the application, but when I try to use
>online Help, the Home, PgUp, PgDn and End keys have no effect whatsoever;
>yes, the cursor is in the Help window.  Suggestions?

Thanks to ktl@wag.caltech.edu (Kian-Tat Lim) for pointing out by email that
I have to use these keys, not on the numeric keypad, but on the 6-key pad
between it and the main keyboard.  I didn't see that set when I was trying
this.