[comp.sys.sgi] VideoFramer S-VIDEO SYNC???

root@fuzzy (Dr. Michael M. Cohen) (06/06/91)

Question on the framer in s-vhs mode:

According to the VideoFramer Programmer's Guide
(doc # 007-5357-010), looking for example at
tables A-5 and A-8, it seems that SYNC input
is ignored in S-VIDEO mode. Please correct me if I'm
wrong about this. If true, how can one record
S-VIDEO frames to tape in a synced system????
According to the manual for the Videomedia
V-LAN MICRON edit controller, it is necessary
to use house sync, distributed to the MICRON
and connected VTRs in order to achieve frame
accurate edits. I hope someone can correct my
interpretation that the framer can't operate
as advertised...

Michael M. Cohen - mmcohen@fuzzy.ucsc.edu

root@fuzzy (Dr. Michael M. Cohen) (06/07/91)

In article <16729@darkstar.ucsc.edu> mmcohen@fuzzy (Dr. Michael M. Cohen) writes:
>According to the VideoFramer Programmer's Guide
>(doc # 007-5357-010), looking for example at
>tables A-5 and A-8, it seems that SYNC input
>is ignored in S-VIDEO mode. Please correct me if I'm
>wrong about this. If true, how can one record
>S-VIDEO frames to tape in a synced system????

Greg Estes of SGI told me that the manual is
incorrect - The framer DOES sync to composite
blackburst in S-VIDEO mode...
	MMC