[comp.sys.sgi] +-} Question on FLIGHT>Silcon Graphics

rjr@sdimax2.mitre.org (Szczypinski) (06/07/91)

    Quick question. In the Manual pages for flight, in one section they
  state that NNW of the Airport there is an interesting city. Now I
tried to find in on several flights but no dice .

                         Whats the scoop.

                                       rjr@sdimax2.mitre.org

blbates@AERO36.LARC.NASA.GOV (Brent Bates ViGYAN AAD/TAB) (06/07/91)

   The city is only visible at night as lights.  So either try running
at night or press the 'n' key until the lights come on.

  Brent L. Bates				Phone:(804) 864-2854
  NASA-Langley Research Center			  FAX:(804) 864-6792
  M.S. 361
  Hampton, Virginia  23665-5225
  E-mail: blbates@aero36.larc.nasa.gov or blbates@aero8.larc.nasa.gov

togood@roger.lerc.nasa.gov (Chris Miller) (06/08/91)

In article <1991Jun7.142515.208@linus.mitre.org> rjr@sdimax2.mitre.org (Szczypinski) writes:
>    Quick question. In the Manual pages for flight, in one section they
>  state that NNW of the Airport there is an interesting city. Now I
>tried to find in on several flights but no dice .
>                         Whats the scoop.
>                                       rjr@sdimax2.mitre.org

There isn't much of a city - only lights at night.

tarolli@westcoast.esd.sgi.com (Gary Tarolli) (06/10/91)

In article <1991Jun7.142515.208@linus.mitre.org>, rjr@sdimax2.mitre.org (Szczypinski) writes:

>     Quick question. In the Manual pages for flight, in one section they
>   state that NNW of the Airport there is an interesting city. Now I
> tried to find in on several flights but no dice .
>
>                          Whats the scoop.

I think the city you talk about is there - however its a George Bush city -
a city of a thousand lights!  Try switching to the night scene and see if
you can spot the city (some stree lights and city lights).

	Gary Tarolli