[comp.sys.sgi] What's with the polymode call.....

echidna@ecr.mu.oz.au (Eric H. Echidna) (06/07/91)

	We recently had some code that made use of the 'polymode' call
to change the way various polygons were being filled. It didn't have
ant effect at all. This is on a PI 4D25. Here is an example that doesn't
work....what's up?

#include <gl.h>
#include <device.h>

main()
{
	short	val;

	prefsize(700, 700);
	winopen("test1");

	unqdevice(INPUTCHANGE);
	qdevice(KEYBD);

	viewport(0, 600, 0, 500);
	ortho2(0.0, 600.0, 0.0, 500.0);

	color(CYAN);
	clear();

	color(RED);
	/*
	 * manual says that rectf is effected by polymode - it don't work
	 */
	polymode(PYM_LINE);
	rectf(100.0, 100.0, 400.0, 400.0);

	(void)qread(&val);

	color(CYAN);
	clear();

	color(GREEN);
	/*
	 * manual says that pmv/pdr/pclos is effected by polymode -
	 * it don't work
	 */
	polymode(PYM_LINE);
	pmv2(100.0, 100.0);
	pdr2(100.0, 400.0);
	pdr2(400.0, 400.0);
	pdr2(400.0, 100.0);
	pclos();

	(void)qread(&val);

	color(CYAN);
	clear();

	color(GREEN);
	polymode(PYM_POINT);
	pmv2(100.0, 100.0);
	pdr2(100.0, 400.0);
	pdr2(400.0, 400.0);
	pdr2(400.0, 100.0);
	pclos();

	(void)qread(&val);
}

blythe@sgi.com (David R. Blythe) (06/08/91)

In article <1991Jun7.055225.3382@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU> echidna@ecr.mu.oz.au (Eric H. Echidna) writes:

>	We recently had some code that made use of the 'polymode' call
>to change the way various polygons were being filled. It didn't have
>ant effect at all. This is on a PI 4D25. Here is an example that doesn't
>work....what's up?

polymode() is not implemented on the 4D G, GT, GTX or Personal IRIS.  This
is documented in the NOTES section of the manual page for polymode.  getgdesc()
can be used to determine at runtime if polymode support is available.
	david blythe

kurt@cashew.asd.sgi.com (Kurt Akeley) (06/12/91)

In article <1991Jun7.055225.3382@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU>, echidna@ecr.mu.oz.au (Eric H. Echidna) writes:

|> 	We recently had some code that made use of the 'polymode' call
|> to change the way various polygons were being filled. It didn't have
|> ant effect at all. This is on a PI 4D25. Here is an example that doesn't
|> work....what's up?

Polymode isn't supported by the PI 4D25.  From the man page:

     IRIS-4D G, GT, and GTX models, and the Personal Iris, do not support
     polymode.  Use getgdesc to determine whether support for polymode is
     available.

-- Kurt