[comp.sys.sgi] C++

mccalpin@masig3.ocean.fsu.edu (John D. McCalpin) (01/16/90)

I recently heard from my sales rep that C++ is available on the IRIS
4D machines.  I believe that the cost has stated was $2000.  This
seems pretty steep!

Is this just the cfront translator, or is it a native C++ compiler?
Has g++ been ported the MIPS architecture yet?  It should be a lot
cheaper than $2000!!!  :-)

Thanks for any info.....
--
John D. McCalpin - mccalpin@masig1.ocean.fsu.edu
		   mccalpin@scri1.scri.fsu.edu

ciemo@bananapc.wpd.sgi.com (Dave Ciemiewicz) (01/17/90)

In article <MCCALPIN.90Jan15140104@masig3.ocean.fsu.edu>,
mccalpin@masig3.ocean.fsu.edu (John D. McCalpin) writes:
> I recently heard from my sales rep that C++ is available on the IRIS
> 4D machines.  I believe that the cost has stated was $2000.  This
> seems pretty steep!
>
> Is this just the cfront translator, or is it a native C++ compiler?
> Has g++ been ported the MIPS architecture yet?  It should be a lot
> cheaper than $2000!!!  :-)

The C++ compiler currently offered is the AT&T translator v1.2.1.
SGI has added numerous bug fixes to the compiler.

dbx has also been modified for debugging C++ applications.  The new
dbx included with the C++ compiler performs name demangling of
variables and member variables for easy reference.  Name demangling
is not currently supported for overloaded functions and member
functions.

You do get more than just a pure port of the AT&T translator when
you buy the SGI C++ compiler.

Your complaints about pricing have been forwarded to marketing.

					--- David Ciemiewicz

cohen@brodmann.iaf.uiowa.edu (Gregg A. Cohen) (05/23/91)

I can't remember if I saw correctly, but is there a gun version of
c++ availble for the SGs?
If there is, can you point me to it?
Thanks

jdh@bass.bu.edu (Jason Heirtzler) (06/20/91)

If you have AT&T C++ 2.1 running on IRIX 3.3, can someone send me
any patches (or any notes you might have) to make this work?

jdh@pub.bu.edu