[comp.sys.sgi] IRIX TeX/LaTeX/BibTeX

yates@a.chem (John H. Yates) (06/28/91)

What ftp sites have IRIX ready distributions for TeX, etc.? I have 3
year old executables only, and need to build a larger memory
version :-(
Thanks, John
yates@a.chem.upenn.edu

hwajin@sgi.com (Hwa-jin Bae) (06/28/91)

John> Nntp-Posting-Host: a.chem.upenn.edu

John> What ftp sites have IRIX ready distributions for TeX, etc.? I have 3
John> year old executables only, and need to build a larger memory
John> version :-(

i got a copy from godzilla.cgl.rmit.oz.au.  they also have
a texsgi program (div previwer for sgi).

*hwajin
--
protocol engines, inc.

silvert@cs.dal.ca (Bill Silvert) (06/28/91)

In article <1991Jun28.084444.13039@odin.corp.sgi.com> hwajin@pei.com writes:
>John> What ftp sites have IRIX ready distributions for TeX, etc.?
>
>i got a copy from godzilla.cgl.rmit.oz.au.  they also have
>a texsgi program (div previwer for sgi).

How about putting it up for anonymous ftp from sgi.com?  No point having
everybody ftp halfway around the world unnecessarily.
--
William Silvert, Habitat Ecology Division, Bedford Inst. of Oceanography
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2.  Tel. (902)426-1577

hwajin@sgi.com (Hwa-jin Bae) (06/29/91)

Bill> How about putting it up for anonymous ftp from sgi.com?  No point having
Bill> everybody ftp halfway around the world unnecessarily.

sorry, i deleted the original tar.Z after installing it on my machine.

besides, i don't work for SGI and i'm not sure if i'm allowed to put
anything on their machine.

*hwajin

--

protocol engines, inc.