[comp.sys.proteon] SNMP/SGMP sessions on gateways

britt@WINDOM.UCAR.EDU (Britt Bassett) (02/11/89)

Milo, you must have more pull with Proteon than the average p4200
owner!

I have been trying to get hold of someone at Proteon to supply
me with the software load......

I sent email on Monday of this week to bug-cgw@proteon.com and
still have received no reply.

I called Proteon Customer Support at 508-898-3100 on Tuesday and
left a message.

I called Proteon Customer Support again on Thursday and tried to
get through their maze of non-technical help to someone I could
talk to about what I need.  No luck, so I left another message
for someone to call back.

I called Proteon Customer Support again this morning (Friday) and
tried to tell them the trouble I have been having getting through
to anyone.  They graciously offered to take more messages!  I got
them to transfer me around to Customer Service where I was told to
call my local office.  I asked for some technical help, and during
the next period of phone transfers was hung up on!

I called the local office here in Denver and was told that I should
call Proteon Customer Support!  However, they did graciously
take another message.

Each time I left a clear message that I simply wanted to upgrade
the software on my Proteon p4200.

I am not sure of the next step with proteon, but I will say for
sure that I have never received such a run-around from cisco, only
good service.

-- britt

tvm@proteon.com (Tom Miceli) (02/11/89)

Britt,
	As we dicussed on the phone the load you need is now ready to
be snarffed. The docs and other information are being set by U.S.
mail. Sorry for the inconvience.....................
				Tom Miceli,
					Manager, Tech Support

medin@NSIPO.NASA.GOV ("Milo S. Medin", NASA ARC NSI Project Office) (02/11/89)

Well, the system works fine for me...  What can I say?

					Milo

tvm@proteon.com (Tom Miceli) (02/11/89)

Date: Fri, 10 Feb 89 10:45:18 MST
>From: Britt Bassett <britt@WINDOM.UCAR.EDU>
To: tvm@proteon.com
Subject: Re:  SNMP/SGMP sessions on gateways
Cc: morris@WINDOM.UCAR.EDU

Looks like I got the loads OK!  I will be installing
it within the next hour or so.  Thanks for the response.

-- britt

ps. transfer rates indicate a pretty good connection
between us.....

150 Opening data connection for ucar.gw.ldb (128.116.64.2,51974) (256783 bytes).
226 Transfer complete.
256783 bytes received in 78.30 seconds (3.2 Kbytes/s)

tvm@proteon.com (Tom Miceli) (02/11/89)

Date: Fri, 10 Feb 89 10:45:18 Mcde ST
To: tvm@proteon.com
Cc: morris@WINDOM.UCAR.EDU

Looks like I got the loads OK!  I will be installing
it within the next hour or so.  Thanks for the response.

-- britt

ps. transfer rates indicate a pretty good connection
between us.....

150 Opening data connection for ucar.gw.ldb (128.116.64.2,51974) (256783 bytes).
226 Transfer complete.
256783 bytes received in 78.30 seconds (3.2 Kbytes/s)

mcgowan@MAPLE-LEAF.NYSER.NET (Craig McGowan) (02/11/89)

During the same time period, we were able to get 3 8.1 loads for our
gateways...

--
Craig McGowan
NYSERNet NISC