[net.micro] Something you'll never see in Pournell

bjorn@dataio.UUCP (Bjorn Benson) (11/15/84)

I will not cut it out already!  My biggest complaint about him and his
column is the way he reviews software and hardware that he is given
free.  Respectable magazines (and to my knowledge BYTE is included)
buy, or accept just as a loaner, things that they review.  For
example, Consumer Reports acts just like an average consumer, and
Car and Driver doesn't get to keep all those cars they test do they?
	Jerry gets courted day after day as a "special person" by the
companies he reviews software for, and gets instant response on
hardware problems and then has the GALL to call himself as average
user.  THAT is where I get upset.  If he admitted that everyone treats
him like the world's most important person, then maybe I would read
his column... but he doesn't so I don't, and I have the right to
complain about it, even on the net.

				Bjorn Benson
				..!uw-beaver!teltone!dataio!bjorn

jimb@amd.UUCP (Jim Budler) (11/19/84)

In article <dataio.220> bjorn@dataio.UUCP (Bjorn Benson) writes:
>user.  THAT is where I get upset.  If he admitted that everyone treats
>him like the world's most important person, then maybe I would read
>his column... but he doesn't so I don't, and I have the right to

But he does...  Several times he has said something on the order of:

	If I have such trouble getting ( service | information |
help ) what is the average user going to run into when he has
difficulty?

--
 Jim Budler
 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.