Date: 17 Sep 87 18:37
From: BMORGEN%KL.SRI:COM:Xerox
Subject: Apple printers on 1100's
To: info-1100%SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD:EDU:Xerox

Is it possible to use an Apple LaserWriter Plus on 1109's and 1186's ?
We need to print both files and screendumps.  If so, what are the
cabling
requirements?  Thanks.

Bob Morgen
Intelligent Systems Laboratory
SRI International
-------

     ----- End Forwarded Messages -----

joycem@KESTREL.ARPA (10/23/87)

I received a beta release of a postscript driver for printing
on an Apple LaserWriter Plus.  I'm using it on an 1109 but assume
that it will also be available on an 1186.  It worked great but
alittle slow (1200 baud).  I haven't had time to experiment with
different baud rates yet.  I was told that this postscript driver
would be released with the next version of user packages.

Joyce Musselman
joycem@kestrel.arpa

bjr@mind.UUCP (Brian J. Reiser) (10/26/87)

> I received a beta release of a postscript driver for printing
> on an Apple LaserWriter Plus.  I'm using it on an 1109 but assume
> that it will also be available on an 1186.  It worked great but
> alittle slow (1200 baud).  I haven't had time to experiment with
> different baud rates yet.  I was told that this postscript driver
> would be released with the next version of user packages.
>
> Joyce Musselman
> joycem@kestrel.arpa

What would be really useful would be if the program enabled one
to save the Postscript output in a file, in addition to sending
it directly to the printer.  Does this package do that?

Is this generally available yet?

Thanks
Brian Reiser

joycem@KESTREL.ARPA (10/26/87)

Yes you can save the postscript output to a file first - in fact, I had
trouble sending it directly to the printer.

As to whether this package is generally available yet, you'll have to
ask Xerox.

Good Luck,
Joyce Musselman