   Date: 28 Oct 87 21:54:40 +1000 (Wed)
   From: "ERIC Y.H. TSUI" <munnari!aragorn.oz.au!eric@uunet.UU.NET>
   To: info-1100@sumex-aim.stanford.edu
   Subject: Correct DST parameters for East Coast of Australia ?
   Department: Division of Computing and Mathematics
   Institution: Deakin University, Victoria 3217, Australia
   Phone: +61 52 471-552
   Telex: DUNIV AA35625
   Sender: munnari!aragorn.oz.au!eric@uunet.UU.NET

   Could anyone provide a correct day-of-the-year for daylight savings
   clock change for the East Coast of Australia ? This information is for
   input to a NS file server using the Services Common Software (SCS).

   Eric Tsui                               eric@aragorn.oz
   ---------

I can't give you the numbers since I don't know the rule there, but
here is how to figure it:
Number the days of a leap year 1 to 366.  DST will change on the last
Sunday on or before the the numbers supplied.
E.g. last Sunday in October is 305 for Oct 31,
     last Sunday in April is 212 for 30 April,
and first Sunday in April is 98 for 7 April.
If you do not use DST, supply zero for both numbers.

[Taken from Xerox System Integration Standard: Time Protocol, XSIS
088404, April 1984]
	Darrel