[net.micro] Pournell rage

mpackard@uok.UUCP (11/22/84)

I was quite amused by the pournell rage recently and must say that
I thought I was the only one that didn't enjoy the total waste of
paper and trees.  One supporter wrote that if you don't like his
column then you should pass over it.  Well that would be good but
the jerk gets 50% of the magazine to write.  I don't think that its
economical to subscribe for a full issue and only read half.

jimb@amd.UUCP (Jim Budler) (11/25/84)

In article <> mpackard@uok.UUCP writes:
>I was quite amused by the pournell rage recently and must say that
>I thought I was the only one that didn't enjoy the total waste of
>paper and trees.  One supporter wrote that if you don't like his
>column then you should pass over it.  Well that would be good but
>the jerk gets 50% of the magazine to write.  I don't think that its
>economical to subscribe for a full issue and only read half.

And you aren't very good at math.  His column last month was twenty
pages interrupted by adds.  His mail response section was six pages,
interrupted by adds.  This out of 576 pages.  I'll be nice, discount
40% of the total for adds and count all his pages, despite adds.
576 * .6 = 345; ( 26 / 345) * 100 = 8%.

I did everything I could to give you the benefit of doubt and I
can't get anywhere NEAR 50%.
--
 Jim Budler
 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.