From: sequoia.Berkeley.EDU!sklower@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU  (Keith Sklower)
Subject: Re: Vax file servers
To: info-1100@sumex-aim.stanford.edu

In article <12371361215.99.SCHMIDT@SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU>
SCHMIDT@SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU  writes (among other things):
>    Is there satasfactory software to run under Unix?  The Unix guys point
>    out that XNS is available on the distribution tape from Berkeley or
>    Mt. Xinu, but does that include the server program(s)?  [...]
>
>My understanding is that it does not; client software only.

This is incorrect; You can get a version of filing server software that
works well enough to get sysouts from a vax using the tajo system tool
(or so, I've been told), via anonymous ftp from parcvax.xerox.com.
In the directory xns, retrieve the file Xerox-xns1.0.tar.Z.

I had to make one change to make it work on our systems:

*** morexnslib/CHlookup.c	Mon Nov 16 15:48:57 1987
--- morexnslib/CHlookup.c.org	Mon May 11 07:02:10 1987
*** 197,203 ****
  	CourierConnection *conn;
  	Clearinghouse2_RetrieveAddressesResults raresult;

- 	conn.x_port = 0;
  	if ((conn = CourierOpen(&chaddr)) == NULL)
  		return(conn);
  	DURING
--- 197,202 ----