[comp.sys.xerox] Customizing Printer Fonts.

welch@CIS.OHIO-STATE.EDU (Arun Welch) (05/16/89)

From: utdoe!tak@utzoo.uucp
To: info-1100-request@cis.ohio-state.edu
Subject: Customizing Printer Fonts.
Date: 	Mon, 15 May 89 12:41:42 EDT

Arun,

I was referred to you, but I wasn't able to get your direct address, so
I am mailing to you here.  My apologies.  Feel free to send this to
the mailing list if you feel it's best to do so.

My query is this.  We needed to add some characters to our fonts.  So,
we edited our printer and our screen fonts using Typefounder under XDE.
That part went fine.  But to print from Lisp, we require the use of
WD files.  Somehow, we can't seem to get them right, so that our files
print properly.

Using our newly constructed WD files, single spaces lines are about
3 to 4 inches apart.  There is something funny going on, obviously.
I was wondering whether you, or someone you can refer us to, had experience
manipulating fonts, and could offer us some advice.

Thanks very much,

--Tak

P.S.  Could you also add us to the mailing list?  Is this
	the parallel of comp.sys.xerox?
uucp:      ...!uunet!attcan!utzoo!utdoe!tak  |  Tak Ariga, Chief Programmer
Internet/BITNET:  tak%utdoe@zoo.utoronto.ca  |  The Dictionary of
alternate BITNET:               tak@UTORGPU  |          Old English Project
Phone:                      +1 416 978 8883  |  University of Toronto, CANADA