Date: 7 Jun 89 15:06 PDT
From: Stanley's Tool Works <Lanning.pa@xerox.com>
Subject: Re: [welch@cis.ohio-state.edu: medley-pcl-env]
To: welch@cis.ohio-state.edu
Cc: Doug Cutting <cutting@bopp.parc.xerox.com>

BTW, the file medley-pcl-env that was included in the distribution is bogus
- use the file pcl-env.lisp.  In fact, the posted version of PCL-ENV was
(is?) slightly broken.  I have made a few updates to better support EQL
specialization, and if the PCL gods are willing, it should be out on arisia
"soon".  However, our release management procedures seem to be failing us,
so I woudn't get my hopes up.

    Date: 25 May 89 14:54 PDT
    From: Stanley's Tool Works <Lanning.pa>
    Subject: PCL

    About PCL-ENV:

    o  The file MEDLEY-PCL-ENV.LISP is the distribution is bogus,
    it's a copy of an old outdated version of PCL-ENV.LISP.  It should
    not be included in the distribution.

    o  The version of PCL-ENV.LISP in the distribution mostly
    works, but again it was an old version that was missing some fixes.

----- smL

kiuchi@warlocks.PARC.xerox.com (Yasuhiko Kiuchi SSL/SCR UNTIL 5/90) (06/10/89)

I've put the following files in /pcl on arisia.xerox.com.

  pcl-env.lisp
  pcl-env-internal
  pcl-env-internal.dfasl
  pcl-env.text

I've also update the compressed tar file in

  /pub/pcl.tar.Z

Thanks.

Yasuhiko Kiuchi
(Kiuchi.pa@Xerox.com)