[comp.sys.xerox] Xerox -> IBM file conversion

hholzsch@pyrhard2 (Henk Holzscherer) (02/12/90)

I have an old Xerox 820 CP/M machine with lots of files created in Wordstar
2.2X .  I would like to convert these files over to an IBM AT compatible.  I
tried a PD program, 22Disk which does CP/M to DOS conversion, but my PC drives
can't handle Xerox SSSD disks.  The only other options I can think of are to
use a modem or connect directly through serial ports.  Does anyone know where I
can still get a modem program or a program that will handle serial port
communications for the Xerox.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

       -m--------
     ---mmm------
   -----mmmmm----	Henk Holzscherer
 -------mmmmmmm--	hholzsch@pyrhard2.pyramid.com

jdudeck@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (John R. Dudeck) (02/13/90)

In article <101713@pyramid.pyramid.com> hholzsch@pyrhard2 (Henk Holzscherer) writes:

>I have an old Xerox 820 CP/M machine with lots of files created in Wordstar
>2.2X .  I would like to convert these files over to an IBM AT compatible.  I
>tried a PD program, 22Disk which does CP/M to DOS conversion, but my PC drives
>can't handle Xerox SSSD disks.  The only other options I can think of are to
>use a modem or connect directly through serial ports.  Does anyone know where I
>can still get a modem program or a program that will handle serial port
>communications for the Xerox.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It seems to my you should be able to simply PIP a file to the AUX: port
which you have connected by a serial cable to your pc,
and to use any pc comm program to log to a file anything that comes
from the Xerox.

There are at least two commercial products that will let you read Xerox
and all other CP/M disks on a pc.  One is Uniform-PC, the other is
Media Master.  I don't have the coordinates handy for the publishers,
but probably somebody on the net does.

--
John Dudeck                           "You want to read the code closely..."
jdudeck@Polyslo.CalPoly.Edu             -- C. Staley, in OS course, teaching

jhoward@uwovax.uwo.ca (02/15/90)