[comp.sys.xerox] Need help w/Xerox 4045 laser printer

jfbruno@rodan.acs.syr.edu (John Bruno) (06/12/91)

I have a Xerox 4045 laser printer that I got used and I'm having problems
locating sources (besides, Xerox, who insist that I register with them) for
Toner and Developer.

 - Does anyone know the engine used in this printer? (BTW, it's a model 50)

 - Does anyone know the format for downloadable fonts?

 - Are there any Mac drivers for it (a real shot-in-the-dark there...)

 - Does anyone have an alternate source for consumables???

Any help would be appreciated, I haven't had any luck so far...

Thanks,

---jb (jfbruno@rodan.acs.syr.edu)

heess@parc.xerox.com (Brian L. Heess) (06/13/91)

In article <1991Jun12.051426.18149@rodan.acs.syr.edu> jfbruno@rodan.acs.syr.edu (John Bruno) writes:

>I have a Xerox 4045 laser printer that I got used and I'm having problems
>locating sources (besides, Xerox, who insist that I register with them) for
>Toner and Developer.
>
> - Does anyone know the engine used in this printer? (BTW, it's a model 50)

It uses a Xerox engine...

> - Does anyone know the format for downloadable fonts?

If you get a manual, it's all covered in there.

> - Are there any Mac drivers for it (a real shot-in-the-dark there...)

Hmmm.  I haven't seen any, but the Model 160 is a postscript machine.

> - Does anyone have an alternate source for consumables???

Hmm...I don't know of any, but doesn't it just use toner?  I have the same
printer here (tons, actually) and never put developer in it.

>Any help would be appreciated, I haven't had any luck so far...

Call the support line at 213-333-2151.  They should be willing to help.
If you get someone, and they can't help you as far as the fonts go, let
me know, and I'll give you someone's name.  (provide me with the person
you talked tos name, for proof that you called <GRIN>).  There are at least
3 manuals for it, I think: User, Technical, and another.

You can get an HP Emulation cartridge for it.  Also Epson, and others.  It
also has in it, 2700 Emulation and Diablo 630...<G>

Good Luck!

-Brian
--
XNS:  bheess:es xc15:Xerox